Air Plant Tillandsia Trio - Round White Designer Ceramic Pot Set (3" dia)
Want to start your day with a smile? When we designed these unique ceramic air plant pot sets - we all felt like proud parents of our new extended family. If only raising kids was this easy! Our goal was to have a fun and beautiful way to display and care for our new babies. The set includes three designer procured glossy white round ceramic 3" diameter pots (with bamboo trays), three air plants (tillandsia), your choice of white or black stones, and a perfectly sized spray bottle. We've provided a variety of air plants too - including one brach abdita tillandsia, one ionantha rubra tillandsia, and one caput medusae tillandsia. While air plants grow best on rocks, trees, stones, gravel, or just about any place except the ground, these pot sets let your air plants take center stage and provide a safe and cozy home for them to grow. To care for these unique and exotic tropical beauties is about as easy as looking at them – just mist them with the included water sprayer a few times each week and give them an occasional bath and that's all there is to it. Now if only someone would do that to us... To get started, simply pour the gravel into each of the pots, pop in the air plants and you’re good to go. Place these tropical plants indoors anywhere - on your coffee table, desk, window sill, porch, bathroom countertop, kitchen table, or office credenza. They do like bright indirect light so don't hide them in a closet or put them on the dashboard of your car. These tropical air plants are also great outdoors or just about anywhere you want to smile when you look at them.
Characteristics and traits of an Air Plant (Tillandsia)
- Scientific Name: Tillandsia Bromeliaceae
- Genus: Tillandsia
- Family: Bromeliaceae
- Common Name: Air Plant
- Outdoor Zones: 9-12 or ANY zone as an inside plant
- Grown In: Inside & Outside
- Type: Perennial; multiannual; Each plant may produce one to multiple pups which grow into mature plants!
- Mature Heights: 2-8"
- Mature Widths: 2-8"
- Plant Heights when Shipped: 2-4"
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Flower: Possible - Small, but vibrant pink and purple flower
- Foliage: Brach abdita tillandsia - green array of wide v shaped leaves (2-3"). Ionantha rubra tillandsia - Silvery green stalks (1-2"). Caput medusa tillandsia - wild looking pointy and bending leaves (3-4").
Plant Care and Advice for Air Plants (Tillandsia)
- Grown In: Inside & Outside
- Light Requirements: Bright indirect light to partial shade
- Water Requirements: Mist with water (preferably filtered, bottled, or rain water – NOT distilled) two to three times per week. Remove and place them in a bowl of water every few weeks for 30 minutes.
- Drought Tolerance: Good
- Temperature: 55-90 degrees is ideal, but can tolerate lower and higher temps
- Air Purification: Excellent - removes over 6 different airborne pollutants
- Toxicity: Non-toxic
- Fertilizer: Bromeliad fertilizer 17-8-22 or miracle grow diluted with water and sprayed on twice a month to help promote blooming or reproduction
- Container Friendly: Yes - Be sure it drains well
- Planting: When you first unpack your air plants, soak them in filtered or bottled water for about 30 minutes to get them acclimated. Be sure that any container you keep them in has excellent drainage and will not allow water to accumulate as this will rot your air plant. Do not replant in soil (they are called air plants for a reason).
- Plant Care: Tillandsia are quite different from other house plants. They are super hardy and do not need much attention. Do not plant them in soil (they are called air plants for a reason). Give them bright indirect light. The more humid the location, the more light they can tolerate. They love humidity, so spray mist them with filtered, pond, or bottled water two to three times a week. Remove them from their container and soak them for 30 minutes in water every few weeks, or more often if they are in a dry location. If the tips of the leaves begin to turn brown, or if your air plants become soft or wrinkled, then this may be a sign that they need a good soaking. While fertilization is not needed, you can use a bromeliad fertilizer 17-8-22 or miracle grow diluted with water and sprayed on twice a month to help promote blooming or reproduction.
- Expert Advice: Indoors and Outdoors: They are super hardy and do not need much attention. Give them bright indirect light - the more humid the location, the more light they can tolerate. They love humidity, so spray mist them with filtered, pond, or bottled water two to three times a week.
GET FREE SHIPPING when you buy any 3 or more plants!
That's right - As soon as your shopping cart contains any 3 plants, your shipping is FREE! Eligible for ground shipped orders going to the same address only.
GET FREE SHIPPING
when you buy any 3 or more items!
That's right - As soon as your shopping cart contains any 3 items, your shipping is FREE! Eligible for ground shipped orders going to the same address only.
And if you only order one or two items, shipping is just $7.50 per item!
WE TAKE SHIPPING SERIOUSLY
... SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO
- We ship orders out of our nursery on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- If your order arrives by Tuesday night, we'll get it out within 24 hours, otherwise it will go out the following Monday.
- We ship using UPS.
- Depending on your location, you should receive your plants within 2-7 days from the date we ship them. Most orders average 2-3 days.
- Our system automatically emails a notification to you with shipping and tracking information as soon as we ship your plants. Be sure your email is entered in correctly when you are checking out, this is the main cause for not getting notified. If you do not received your order, please email us at Happiness@TropicalPlants.com.
Changing your delivery address
If you want to change the delivery address of your order and it has not already left our greenhouses, we will do our best to modify the delivery. Please send us an email to: Happiness@TropicalPlants.com. No guarantee, but we will try our best.
If the order has already shipped, please go to UPS.com or Fedex.com. Sign up there to make changes to delivery addresses.
Packages arriving in bad condition
On occasion, UPS and FedEx may handle some packages a bit too rough for your plant's liking. Please open your package immediately and document any damage with your camera. Call us at 800-668-3358 or email us at Happiness@TropicalPlants.com (preferably with your photos) and let us know what happened. Also refer to our Guarantee.
If you need us to hold an order for you, we can for a short time. In the warm months we can only hold orders for a week or two. The plants grow so fast they can become too large to ship very quickly. In the Winter things grow a lot slower and we hold orders due to bad weather a lot better. So if you are not going to be home the week you order, just drop us an email and we will be glad to hold your order.
Do you ship all year long? Yes! In the cold Winter and hot Summer months we check each order destination to be sure the temperature is safe to ship your live plant. When the temperature borders on the "too cold" to ship side, we may choose to ship your plants with a heat pack at no extra charge. If the temperature is still "too cold" to ship, we will hold your order in the warmth of our greenhouses until we can find a safe window of shipping weather and you will be notified via email.
Do you ship with heat packs? No need to request one. We will check the weather in your area and add one if the temperature is below safe shipping levels.
Do you charge extra for heat packs? No.
What do I do if my plants are damaged by the cold? Please take good photos of the box, packing materials and the plants and send them to: Happiness@TropicalPlants.com.