Were we CRAZY ... we don't think so
Fun Facts about Leslie:
- “Having the tenacity of a bulldog” is how Leslie’s teacher described her sales and marketing ability, having accumulated the highest revenue ever in yearbook sales.
- Absolutely loves gardening, gourmet cooking and baking, as is happiest when entertaining close friends.
- Swims 1 mile 3x per week and enjoys yoga.
- Proudest mother of 3: oldest daughter is an Astrophysicist, middle daughter is attending dental school and our son is at college studying business & hospitality.
Fun Facts about Richard:
- A born entrepreneur - having started his first automotive detailing company eight years before he was old enough to drive.
- Claim to fame was when Richard was featured on Fox Business News with Stuart Varney as a visionary in “revolutionizing retail”.
- Sailing, mountain biking, long boarding, wind surfing and swimming – he can't sit still.
- Philanthropic leader with a heart of gold.
How can selling tropical plants & trees HELP and CARE for others?
10% of net income of every sale is being given to charities. YES, you read that correctly.
Why do we fell so strongly about charity / philanthropy / tzedakah?
Because we are fortunate enough to be in a position where 10% of net income of EVERY SALE will be donated to a charity of Leslie and Richard’s choice. We have always been philanthropic and we truly admire people who share our passion. Educated, thought provoking leaders who we follow:
- “Charity brings to life again those who are spiritually dead” Thomas Aquinas
- "No one has ever become poor by giving." ― Anne Frank
- “It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”― Mother Theresa
- “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.”― Martin Luther King, Jr
- “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.”― Mother Teresa
- “I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.”― Abraham Lincoln
- “Give, but give until it hurts.”― Mother Teresa
- “If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”― Warren Buffett
- “There is not a man of us who does not at times need a helping hand to be stretched out to him, and then shame upon him who will not stretch out the helping hand to his brother.”― Theodore Roosevelt
- “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”― Booker T. Washington
- “He who has never denied himself for the sake of giving, has but glanced at the joys of charity.” Anne Swetchine
- “Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it.” John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “Bounty always receives part of its value from the manner in which it is bestowed.” Samuel Johnson